This course will explore theory and practice in organizational-based learning and development. We will look at how the two inter-relate, where the gaps between them are and critique both perspectives. In doing so we will use an evidence-based, critical approach. We will critically explore current models, methods and technologies for managing learning and development inside the HRM process.
Every topic covered in the course will have an introductory theoretical immediately followed by a practical/concrete part where the participant will be asked to operationalise what learned into practice.
- A deep understanding of methodologies of training needs analysis, design, transfer and evaluation.
- An evidence-based approach of L&D practice.
- A clear view of how to apply L&D inside the organisations.
- A critical perspective on coaching and others non-traditional way of learning
HR managers and specialists, L&D managers and specialists.
Training Needs Analysis
- The practice of training: the identification of training needs
- The meaning of training needs
- Type of training needs: Bloom’s taxonomy
- Levels of training needs (OTP Model)
- Performance Analysis Model (PA)
- Academic models
- Competency modelling
- Problems with the identification of training needs
- Benefits of training and development for individuals and teams, organisations, and society.
- What is (or should be) the difference between competency modelling and traditional job analysis
- Virtual team management
- Nature of learning needs: skills, knowledge, attitudes
- Purpose and objective
- Learning principles and transfer
- Human factor: individuals, differences, the learning group
- Cost and resources
- Organisation context and culture
Training delivery, training transfer
- Training methods
- Training and learning methods of Marchington and Wilkinson
- Training and learning methods of Hacket
- Training centre methods
- Learning centre methods
- Coaching (learning partnership)
- Trends and issues
- Traditional off job provision vs. integrated method
- The rise of e-learning
- Coaching and mentoring
- Integrated ways of learning
- Innovative capabilities of communities of practice
- The influence of training and training transfer factors on organisational learning and performance
- Theoretical perspective
- Evaluation of NHRD
- Evaluation of HRD in the workplace
- Evaluation models
- The CIRO model
- The Kirkpatrick model
- The Balanced Scorecard model
- Future directions of evaluations
- Revolution or evolution?
- Perspective on e-learning practice
- E-learning issues and questions
- Ongoing development in e-learning
- An integrative model of e-learning use: Leveraging theory to understand and increase usage
- Understanding participation in e-learning in organizations
Talent and career development
- A strategy for talent development
- Career management and development
- Teams and group
- Team working
- Team building and team development
- Intergroup team building
Diversity and cross-cultural training
- Diversity and HRD
- Conceptual and theoretical meaning of diversity
- Issues and concerns in diversity
- Reviewing diversity training: Where have we been and where should we go
- Delivering diversity through HRD
- Developing cross-cultural managerial skills through social media
- Duration: 3 days (9:30-17:30)
- Maximum 6 students per class
- Price information: 1.800 CHF + VAT (1.600 CHF + VAT each for more than one subscriber from the same company)
- Location: Via Pelli 13, 6900, Lugano
Tailored Training 1: 1
Tailored Training 1: 1 represents an alternative to traditional inter-company classroom training. The Tailored Training 1: 1 is available for those courses that do not require group interaction.
The Tailored Training 1: 1 consists of:
- A reduced but intensive duration compared to the corresponding classroom training: 2 days of coaching 1: 1 (9.30-17.30) instead of the 3-day course.
- A videoconference follow-up /2h) after 2-3 weeks.
- Same cost as the classroom training (*).
- Delivery of the coaching at the customer’s office.
- Greater flexibility on course planning.
- Personalized training, according to the needs of the participant while respecting the structure and
- contents of the proposed program.
* An additional transfer fee is considered for the lecturer if the client’s office is located outside the Lugano area.
Booking your training is easy
- Send us your request by filling the following form
- You will receive all the information needed to complete the application procedure