This course is concerned with different approaches to managing and leading people at work. Many HR initiatives fail to address leadership and performance management since they omit to choose, apply and deploy a consistent theory and subsequent model within the organisation.
It is not the same to promote a charismatic rather than an authentic leadership, or a cross-cultural instead than servant leadership. Every organisation need to adopt a coherent and well-defined model, according to its values and objectives.
Therefore, Human Resource Management professionals must acquire a clear and thorough picture of the leadership models, theories and applications in context.
This module aims to:
- give you an accurate understanding and critically reflect on theoretical, methodological and practical issues surrounding leadership and HRM
- enable you to assess evidence of the relationship between leadership, HRM and individual or organisational outcomes
Some personal work experience of human resource management and organisational behaviour is beneficial for this module.
- outline the main approaches to understanding HRM and leadership
- critically evaluate theory, concepts, methods of HRM and leadership
- apply theories and concepts of HRM and leadership to various applied contexts, including your organisation, and critically assess these
- explain some of the practical issues surrounding HRM and leadership
HR managers and specialists, L&D managers and specialists.
This training is also available as Tailored Training 1:1
Does leadership matter?
- Effect of leadership on individual and organisational performance
- Impact of leadership on employee satisfaction
Leader centred perspectives
- Leadership as a Trait
- Leadership and personality
- Assessing the personality with BIG5 Questionnaire
- Assess your personality traits and predict your leadership
- Transformational leadership (Bass)
- The effects of transformational and change leadership
- Multifactor Leadership Questionnaire
Contingency models of leadership (basics)
- Path-goal theory
- Leadership substitutes theory
- Situational leadership theory
- LPC – Least preferred coworker
- Cognitive resource theory
- Multiple linkage model
Follower centred perspective
- The Implicit model of leadership
- A relational theory of leadership – Leader-Member Exchange (LMX)
Contemporary models of leadership
- Ethic and Authentic leadership
- Understanding authentic leadership
- Assessing authentic leadership
- Developing authentic leadership
- Cross-cultural leadership
- Impact of globalisation on leadership
- Regional clustering of globe nations: the global cross-cultural framework
- Identifying the proper leadership style in each cultural area
- SIMULATION: setting up and lead a cross-cultural team in 4 countries: understanding cultural differences and adapt your leadership approach accordingly.
- Servant leadership
- Understanding servant leadership
- Assessing servant leadership
- Developing servant leadership
Power and the dark triangle
- From Power to Action
- Understanding and use of influence tactics
- The Dark Triad of leader personality: Narcissism, Machiavellianism, and psychopathy.
Team leadership and team working
- What is a team?
- The determinant of team performance
- Type of teams
- Team assessment
- Understand Teams by Using the GRPI (Goals, Roles, Processes, Interpersonal Relationships) Model
- The Team Role Inventory
- Team 5 Team Development Stages
- What is
- Why organisations do it
- Elements of Performance Management Systems
- Implementation of PM systems
- Improving performance in individuals and groups
- Trends in Performance Management
- Duration: 3 days (9:30-17:30)
- Maximum 6 students per class
- Price information: 1.800 CHF + VAT (1.600 CHF + VAT each for more than one subscriber from the same company)
- Location: Via Pelli 13, 6900, Lugano
Tailored Training 1: 1
Tailored Training 1: 1 represents an alternative to traditional inter-company classroom training. The Tailored Training 1: 1 is available for those courses that do not require group interaction.
The Tailored Training 1: 1 consists of:
- A reduced but intensive duration compared to the corresponding classroom training: 2 days of coaching 1: 1 (9.30-17.30) instead of the 3-day course.
- A videoconference follow-up /2h) after 2-3 weeks.
- Same cost as the classroom training (*).
- Delivery of the coaching at the customer’s office.
- Greater flexibility on course planning.
- Personalized training, according to the needs of the participant while respecting the structure and
- contents of the proposed program.
* An additional transfer fee is considered for the lecturer if the client’s office is located outside the Lugano area.
Booking your training is easy
- Send us your request by filling the following form
- You will receive all the information needed to complete the application procedure