This course is for those who want to be directed towards the practice of coaching and want to acquire the necessary skills to practice it. Furthermore, the course is for those who wish to orient themselves in this complex context, avoiding significant investments in paths which, once completed, could prove to be useless or based on old methodologies and techniques lacking scientific research.
The approach used falls within the sphere of Coaching Psychology, in particular, the GROW model (Whitmore, 2002) as it is considered a “must” among the critical skills of the coach.
- The basic techniques of the GROW model (Whitmore, 2002) that will allow you to practice the first coaching experiences with confidence and professionalism.
- The basic techniques for managing a coaching conversation drawn from humanistic psychology: active listening, question technique, paraphrasing, summarising, managing feedback.
- A clear vision of coaching and its approaches with a critical attitude to evaluate their degree of effectiveness.
- The right to access advanced coaching training.
Managers and professionals who wish to explore the coaching technique and practice.
What is coaching?
- Coaching vs. mentoring
- Coaching vs. counselling
- Coaching vs. therapy
Overview of modern coaches approaches and techniques
- Positive Psychology Coaching
- Coaching with ACT
- Cognitive-Behavioural Coaching
- Solution-focused coaching
- Motivational Interviewing (MI) / Humanistic coaching
- Appreciative Enquiry coaching (Team Coaching)
- Coaching with Psychodrama, Sociodrama and Sociometry (Team Coaching)
The three pillars of coaching
- Coaching process
- Coaching skills
- Coaching as a way of being
Developing coaching skills
- Skills and attributes of an excellent coach
- Developing the 4 fundamental levels of listening (attending, accurate, empathetic, generative)
- Understanding and using the appropriate types of questions (open, closed, leading, multiple)
- Giving feedback
Using the GROW model in coaching
- Coach and coachee responsibilities
- Setting Goals
- Setting different levels of goals
- The rules for appropriate goal setting
- Analysing reality
- Using SWOT analysis to assess as-is
- The 5 key questions to assess reality
- Generating Options
- Identifying a number of options
- Evaluating options
- Choosing and committing to the Way forward
- Define proper steps
- Define a tangible result
- The cognitive-behavioural approach
- Understanding the link between perceptions, thoughts, emotions, behaviours
- Face to face vs. virtual coaching
- Number and lengths of sessions
- Privacy and confidentiality
- Conflict of interest
- Supervision and inter-vision
- Duration: 2 days (9:30-17:30)
- Maximum 6 students per class
- Price information: 1.200 CHF + VAT (1.000 CHF + VAT each for more than one subscriber from the same company)
- Location: Via Pelli 13, 6900, Lugano
Booking your training is easy
- Send us your request by filling the following form
- You will receive all the information needed to complete the application procedure