Selection and assessment are two of the most critical processes in HR management. A scientific and evidence-based approach to selection is the base for the employee performance and satisfaction. A particular and cost-effective methodology for the assessment is the base for our future organisation’s managing teams.
Nevertheless, they are often underestimated.
On the one hand, the selection is often not valid, because it is seldom linked to performance. Saying in other words, often the organisation fail in providing scientific evidence of the link between the selection score to a performance criterion measure.
On the other hand, selection and assessment processes are often based on the procedure that, unfortunately, has been proved to be unreliable other than expensive.
This training provides a complete and clear picture of the tools, methodologies and the most effective techniques to be used in selection in an effective and cost-saving way.
- A clear picture of the selection process in the context of HRM and of performance measurements.
- A clear picture of how the scientific capacity of the assessment centres, personality tests, ability tests to predict and evaluate a managerial competency.
- A clear picture of which are the best tools and methodologies to be used in your organisation.
- A practical guide to calculating and provide to your CEO the numeric evidence about the impact that your selection strategy has on future performance and behaviours.
- A process for adding a Competencies Model to your organisation.
This training is also available as Thematic Coaching 1:1
Employee Selection in the Context of HRM
- WRCs (Work-related characteristics)
- KSAs – (Knowledge, skills and abilities)
- Development of a selection program
Job performance: concepts and measures
- Task performance
- Organization citizenship behaviour
- Adaptive performance
- Counterproductive work behaviour
The validity of the selection process: is your selection process valid for what?
- Reliability of the selection process
- Validity of the selection process
- Validity vs. reliability
- The three basic validation processes
- Content validity
- Criterion-related validity
- Construct validity
- Validity generalization studies
- Job Component Validation
- Validation option for a small organization or a small number of applicants/incumbent
- The Utility Analysis: estimate the monetary return of investment of the selection process
Process and methods of Job Analysis
- The process of job analysis in the context of HR selection
- Methods of job analysis
- Critical Incident Technique
- SME Workshop
Process and methods of Competency Models
- Job analysis vs. Competency Models
- Process of Competency Model in context of HR selection
- Methods of Competency Model
- – The “universal” Great Eight Competencies
- – The development of a customised competency model
- – The acquisition of a pre-packaged competency model
- History of ability test in selection
- Cognitive ability tests
- The validity of cognitive ability tests
- Cognitive ability test and adverse impact
- Mental ability test and the internet
- Effect of practice and coaching
- Mechanical ability test
- Clerical ability test
- Physical abilities analysis
- Definition and use of personality in selection
- Personality measurement methods
- The Barnum Effect
- Big 5 personality inventory
- Core Self Evaluation: self-esteem, self-efficacy, locus of control. emotional stability
- Emotional Intelligence
- Proactive Personality
- The dark side of personality: Machiavellianism, Narcissism, Psychopathy
Type of test
- Observer Rating Of Personality
- Projective Techniques
- Lie scale
- Correction for distortion
- Role of technology
- Simulation tests
- Consistency of behaviour
- Work samples
- Assessment centers
- The reality slack: everything that you have ever been told about assessment center ratings is confounded
- Exercise vs. dimension-centric perspectives
- AC design and development
- Application form and biodata assessments
- Training and experience (T&E) evaluations
- Reference checks
- Duration: 3 days (9:30-17:30)
- Maximum 6 students per class
- Price information: 1.800 CHF + VAT (1.600 CHF + VAT each for more than one subscriber from the same company)
- Location: Via Pelli 13, 6900, Lugano
Thematic Coaching 1: 1
The Thematic Coaching 1: 1 represents an alternative to the traditional inter-company classroom training. The Thematic Coaching 1: 1 is available for those courses that do not require group interaction.
The Thematic Coaching 1: 1 consists of:
- A reduced but intensive duration compared to the corresponding classroom training: 2 days of coaching 1: 1 (9.30-17.30) instead of the 3-day course.
- A videoconference follow-up /2h) after 2-3 weeks.
- Same cost as the classroom training (*).
- Delivery of the coaching at the customer’s office.
- Greater flexibility on course planning.
- Personalized training, according to the needs of the participant while respecting the structure and
- contents of the proposed program.
* An additional transfer fee is considered for the lecturer if the client’s office is located outside the Lugano area.
Booking your training is easy
- Send us your request by filling the following form
- You will receive all the information needed to complete the application procedure